Sunday, April 1, 2012

THANK YOU!!!

I would like to thank everyone for all the care and support, I have safely made it back to Charleston, IL (EIU). Please know that this project would have been a lot more difficult for me if I would have not had so many people supporting me. Every time I noticed a comment or the number of page views rise I got excited just knowing that I was able to provide someone with insight on the issue of homelessness. By no means was this project meant to put me in the spotlight but rather raise the awareness on homelessness within our on country, more specific our communities.

The Humble Homeless Project will definitely not stop here, this project started as an independent study course but has developed into a life mission for myself. Some how I will continue to try to have a positive influence on raising awareness and assisting the homeless. I just ask that you please keep a look out for the next Humble Homeless Project and continue to support because it is gratefully appreciated as well as needed.

Homelessness does not equal Heartlessness, remember they are us and we are them.

8 comments:

  1. i had to catch up on the blogs, since i dont have internet at home lol. but man Thank you for what you have done for us, me personally. you have given me the motivation to do better on giving back and find ways i can help and contribute to my community. I cant wait to come to the chuck and talk about your project. See you soon Dean. .

    Wondae

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bro. White,

    I've got to say, that I am humbled by your commitment and passion for this project, and to the subject matter at hand. I'm glad you made it through safely and will continue to do good works in your field. Very thought provoking material here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was great following your blogs. They were insightful and it made me stop to think like dang yeah ok, I never thought of it that way. You have stepped into your ministry. Keep on bringing awareness and God will continue to bless your ministry. Like Dr. Seuss said, "Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot nothing is going to get better. It's not."

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read through all of your blogs and find what you did absolutely heart tugging. You are a brave young man and I just know that you will do well in anything you do. I pray that others will read your blogs and think differently when they look at the homeless. As you said, some people milk the system but the majority are truely in dire straights. PTL for you and I wish you the best in all you do.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Words can't explain how great and moving this project is. I read the whole blog in one sitting, and have learned so much. Please continue doing what you are doing, you're going to be a blessing to many. This was great, and I'll start praying for your success within this project. - Jessica Leggin

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! I don't even know you but I'm proud of what you've done with this. A lot of times we get so caught up in ourselves and what we want until we forget our duty to help out as human beings. Sadly, the homeless are like the forgotten people so I applaud your dedication and obedience to your calling. I'm inspired! God bless you, man!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, what a brave project! I thank you for the insight you've given us into this problem. It also reinforces that individuals who are homeless are so for many different reasons, and until we know their stories, we shouldn't be so quick to judge. Thank you for this reminder, and be careful next time!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This was a unique study course to choose. Many people overlook things like people being homeless. As you said earlier homelessness does not get much attention like it should. I enjoyed reading about your experience visiting places to see how it feels to be homeless. I think you should recommend this to be something like a study abroad trip for people majoring in human services or that just want to experience like you did.

    ReplyDelete